Saturday, 8 December 2012

Liverpool Biennial Exhibition


A couple of months ago we went on a class trip to the Liverpool Biennial Art Exhibition. A piece that really drew me in was created by Hong Kong based artist Leng Mee-ping. At first when I was walking up to the wall I initially thought the pieces were actually photographs as they were incredibly detailed - as you can see below:


It wasn't until I got close that I actually realised these were in fact created using acrylic paint. The level of detail in these pictures really impressed me and I became lost in the story each painting told.



The paintings depicted various touristy locations and activities and showed the more commercial and cultural side of Hong Kong; which appealed to me as it's also been somewhere I'd like to visit.

Another interesting piece that caught my attention was by the same artist and depicted what appeared to be a homeless man making his way (drunkenly) through Hong Kong.


I'm not usually into video art but this particular piece held my attention for quite a while. I was interested to see if the homeless man would eventually notice the camera following him. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment